The Barangaroo Delivery Authority's role is to manage the city waterfront development at Barangaroo and to deliver world class benchmarks in urban design, public domain and sustainability.
The creation of the Authority reinforces the NSW Government's commitment to the delivery of Barangaroo in a coordinated and financially responsible manner.
The objectives for Barangaroo are to:
- be a precinct that will be studied for generations to come as a world benchmark for its bold and inspiring design, architecture and public domain, awarded for its authenticity, integration and diversity;
- re-establish a dynamic place for all of Sydney's people which is integrated, connected, secure - defined by its waterfront and CBD location;
- operate as an exemplar of the next generation in sustainable development by being climate positive. Barangaroo will uphold community wellbeing including health and fitness, and will value what matters to people and the planet;
- be financially viable with continuing profitability, maximising public returns and value to the people and businesses of Sydney; and
- add a new dimension to Australia's financial capital by integrating mixed use commercial, residential, retail, educational, civic, cultural and entertainment activities into an extended financial hub.
Maps relating to Barangaroo and/or Authority which are referred to in the Barangaroo Delivery Authority Act 2009 and Roads Regulation 2008:
Operational Area Map - identifies the area known as Barangaroo
Headland Park and Public Domain Map - identifies the land known as Barangaroo Headland Park
Public Road Authority Area Map - identifies in red the public roads that the Authority has been declared the Roads Authority